[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

git-ubuntu 0.7.3 in edge/candidate/stable channels [Was Re: git-ubuntu 0.7.1 in edge/candidate/stable channels]

On 12.03.2018 [11:59:11 -0700], Nish Aravamudan wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 2:00 PM, Nish Aravamudan
> <nish.aravamudan at> wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 5:20 PM, Nish Aravamudan
> > <nish.aravamudan at> wrote:
> >> On 28.02.2018 [21:33:38 -0800], Nish Aravamudan wrote:
> >>> Hello all!
> >>>
> >>> I am  happy to announce the release of git-ubuntu 0.7.1 to all channels
> >>> today.
> >>
> >> I encountered some unfortunate issues with snapcraft that hit
> >> xenial-updates just as I was building (LP: #1752481) and then realized
> >> we needed to snap the archive keyrings in order to verify recent archive
> >> files (LP: #1752656). I then made a typo fixing the latter, so we're now
> >> at 0.7.3. This should build successfully in all channels shortly.
> >>
> >> Thanks to Sergio Schvezov for the snapcraft assist and Steve Langasek
> >> for the keyring suggestion.
> >
> > Well, it didn't quite go as planned. I found another bug (so we're at
> > 0.7.4) and also the snapcraft fix didn't resolve all the issues. So
> > I'm temporarily using a PPA that reverts the xenial-updates of
> > snapcraft back to 2.35.
> >
> > Kyle Fazzari is working on a proper fix, but if it's not able to get
> > done soon, we might back out the snapcraft SRU in xenial-updates.
> For completeness, we ended up backing out the snapcraft SRU via a
> re-upload of 2.35 to xenial-updates. The snapcraft team is working on
> fixes to the bugs found.
> Meanwhile, a mass reimport ran last week and the existing whitelist +
> 1% of main was reimported. This resulted in 905 successful imports and
> 5 failed imports. The latter 5 will presumably be broken for a while,
> as we focus on upping our phasing before resolving those issues (LP:
> #1754898).

I have removed the repositories for the failure cases. They would not
update with the normal 'keep the repositories current' anyways, and we
would rather have consistent repository contents.

> I am working right now on an issue with our default repository
> repointing script.

This was PEBKAC.

> Additionally, roughly 150 manual imports remain in the
> ~usd-import-team space, but those source packages were never added to
> the whitelist. They need to be reimported, as well (and added to the
> whitelist). I am waiting to ensure that there are no pending MPs for
> those source packages before reimporting.

This was completed this morning.

> Once that is done, we will start the 'keep-up' script again, which
> will spend some time catching up the repositories based upon Launchpad
> publishes since the mass reimport.

This has been started and is churning through roughly 11 days of
publishing backlog.

> Finally, we will then look to bump our phasing to 2% (of main), to
> approximate the disk usage as the phasing increases.

I am looking into this step now.


Nishanth Aravamudan
Ubuntu Server
Canonical Ltd