Need to 'import gtk' on Ubuntu 20.04, what do I need?

Liste guru <digitalfantasy.it86559 at digitalfantasy.it> wrote:
> Il 24/07/2020 10:31, Chris Green ha scritto:
>

> ?? ...
>
> > I'm a *fairly* competant Python programmer so, if I have to, I
> > willconsider converting from using the gtk module to using the gi
> > module,are there any good tutorials which might help me down this road?
>

> ?? If you look at the pygobject documentation there is a chapter (and a
> script, similar to 2to3) to help the migration:
> https://pygobject.readthedocs.io/en/latest/guide/porting.html

Thanks, it looks as if this is the way I will have to go.

I guess converting to Python 3 and pygobject (for 3) will be a 'good
thing' in the long run and it will mean I will become familiar enough
with the software to keep maintaining it easily (and even fix some
annoying quirks).

--
Chris Green
?