Python Program Help

On 7/21/2020 11:08 AM, MRAB wrote:
> On 2020-07-21 14:38, ksikor14--- via Python-list wrote:
>> I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.? I have tried
>> everything.? This is what it is supposed to do:
[snip]
>> I get this error:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> ?? File "main.py", line 1, in <module>
>> ???? data_title = input("Enter a title for the data:\n")
>> EOFError: EOF when reading a line

The only way I discovered to get that error, on Windows, is to hit
control-D in response to the prompt.  This is not a bug in your program,
but part of standard interactive program on *nix, copied by Python on
Windows also.  If the user who hits ^D does not mean to stop the
program, then it is a user bug.

>> And can't seem to figure out how to correct it any help would be
>> greatly appreciated.
>>
> How are you running it? At a system prompt with:
>
> py main.py
>
> or similar?

And what OS and what response did you make as the 'user'?

--
Terry Jan Reedy