PyDev 7.5.0 Released
PyDev 7.5.0 Release Highlights
- Fixed support for Python 3.8 (which wasn't properly added to 7.4.0).
Improved Cython support:
- Cython itself is used to generate the AST for Cython files.
- Cython needs to be available in the default interpreter.
- Cython does not currently support generating the AST for files with
errors, so, syntax errors must be fixed for the code-completion to work
Debugger improvements (updated to pydevd 1.9.0).
- Improved stepping into coroutines
- Attach to process no longer needs to match the bitness of the
target program with the interpreter.
- File with a relative path is searched in sys.path folders (i.e.:
so, cython builds can find the source).
PyDev is an open-source Python IDE on top of Eclipse for Python, Jython and
IronPython development, now also available for Python on Visual Studio Code.
It comes with goodies such as code completion, syntax highlighting, syntax
analysis, code analysis, refactor, debug, interactive console, etc.
It is also available as a standalone through LiClipse with goodies such as
multiple cursors, theming and support for many other languages, such as
PyDev Blog: http://pydev.blogspot.com
PyDev on VSCode: http://pydev.org/vscode
PyVmMonitor - Python Profiler: http://www.pyvmmonitor.com/