[Python-Dev] [PEP 558] thinking through locals() semantics

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 08:37:17AM +0100, Paul Moore wrote:

> Of course, all of this is only if we have decided to formalise the
> semantics and change CPython to conform. I've never personally been
> affected by any of the edge cases with locals(), so on a purely
> personal basis, I'm equally happy with "do nothing" :-)

I don't think "Do Nothing" is a good option, because (as I understand
it) the status quo has some weird bugs when you have tracing functions
written in Python (but not in C?). So something has to change, one way
or another. Hence Nick's PEP.

--
Steven