[Python-Dev] PEP 594: Removing dead batteries from the standard library

On Tue, May 21, 2019, at 14:17, Christian Heimes wrote:
> thanks for bringing this topic up. Initially I considered http.server,
> too. But as Guido put it, it's both used and useful for local testing
> and quick hacks. I'm already facing opposition for modules that are
> less controversial and useful than http.server, too.

Could the high-level functionality of http.server (and perhaps socketserver as a whole) be rebuilt on top of asyncio, with serve_forever implicitly starting an asyncio loop with the server as the only task? Or are the paradigms too different?