From: lejeczek <peljasz at yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2020 8:51 PM
To: OpenStack Discuss
Subject: floating IP - HA, kind of - how ?

hi guys,

A novice here so go easy on me please.
I wonder - is there a mechanism in openstack, a built-in
feature where a floating IP could be juggled between
guests/instances dynamically - would you know?
What comes to mind is something like HA/pacemaker, something
where business logic operates around condition and actions.
I cannot make is simpler than such an example - instance_A
has floating_IPa but if something "bad" happens to it then
floating_IPa moves to instance_B - can something like that
be handled by openstack's tooling or goes outside its realm
and can only be worked out however anybody would do it
individually?

many thanks, L.