[all][tc] U Cycle Naming Poll

> On Aug 4, 2019, at 3:57 AM, Zhipeng Huang <zhipengh512 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> One of the most important one is missing: Urumqi: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Cr%C3%BCmqi <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Cr%C3%BCmqi> . The top 6 should actually not be counted since their Romanized spelling (pinyin) does not start with U.

Jeremy has already addressed the reason for dropping Urumqui. I made similar judgement calls on some of the suggestions not related to geography because I easily found negative connotations for them.

For the other items you refer to, I do see spellings starting with U there in the list we were given. I do not claim to understand the differences in the way those names have been translated into those forms, though. Are you saying those are invalid spellings?