Re: excessive java precommit logging

The gradle scan doesn't pinpoint the error message, and it doesn't contain all the lines: https://scans.gradle.com/s/ckhjrjdexpuzm/console-log

The logs might be useful, but usually not from passing tests. Doesn't gradle log output from failed tests by default?

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 1:22 PM Thomas Weise <thw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I usually follow the download procedure outlined by Scott to look at the logs.

These logs are big, but when there is a problem it is sometimes essential to have the extra output, especially for less frequent flakes.

Reducing logs would then require the author to add extra logging to the PR (and attempt to reproduce), which is also not nice.

Thomas