Regarding query7 in spark:
- there doesn't seem to be a functional regression: query passes and output size is still the same
- Also the performance degradation seems to be only on spark, the other runners do not seem to suffer from it.
- performance degradation seems to be constant from 11/12 so we can eliminate temporary load on the jenkins server that would generate delays in Max transform.
=> query7 uses Max transform, fanout and side inputs, has one of these parts recently (11/12/18) changed in spark?
Le jeudi 06 décembre 2018 à 21:32 -0800, Chamikara Jayalath a écrit :
Udi or anybody else who is familiar about Nexmark, please -1 the vote thread if you think this particular performance regression for Spark/Direct runners is a blocker. Otherwise I think we can continue the vote.
Are either of these regressions due to known issues ? If not should they be considered release blockers ?
Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 2.9.0, as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes ,
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org
, which is signed with the key with fingerprint EEAC70DF3D0BC23B
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository ,
* source code tag "v2.9.0-RC1" ,
* website pull request listing the release  and publishing the API reference manual .
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the dist.apache.org
* Validation sheet with a tab for 2.9.0 release to help with validation .
The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.