[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: HEADS-UP ActiveMQ artemis 2.6.4 release

I agree that 2.7.0 can wait until January at this point because of the
holidays coming up for a lot of people however it is way past due in my

In general I would like to see Artemis released much more frequently than
it currently is.  Artemis is very active with constant new features and bug
fixes so we should be releasing consistently to get things out there so
people can use them.  With as much stuff going into it every day we could
probably do something like a monthly release and have plenty to show for it.

I don't really see a reason to hold up a release for any new feature (bug
fixes are different of course) because there are already so many features
that are done that haven't been released.  For example, I added support for
changing the defaultConsumerWindowSize per address back in October and at
least 3 people have asked about that feature and I keep having to tell them
it's not out yet.

If AMQP large message support isn't quite ready then no big just
put it into 2.8.0 and release it relatively soon after.  There's no reason
a feature has to be tied to a specific version when you can always just
increase the version number by 1 (the exception being breaking changes
obviously and major things that would make more sense in a major version
number change)

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 1:43 PM Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@xxxxxxxxx>

> Thanks.  i had a heads up before on another thread but I couldn’t do
> because of my workload on the task I was working on.
> I will cut today and the vote thread sent tomorrow morning or later
> tonight.
> I personally want 2.7.0 out early next year.  I will work proactively on
> that (and welcome anyone’s help on that)
> It would be nice to have large message streamed in AMQP as we convert to
> core right now. That’s the main thing I held a 2.7.0 release before.  If I
> can’t do it I will still do it.  But if anyone is willing to help here it
> would be awesome.
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 11:57 AM Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > I'd say it has already been too long since the last one so I wouldnt
> > wait until next year. A heads up is nice, and somewhat required when
> > its been a long cycle and especially so if previous heads up have been
> > missed. In this case I'd personally say it would be fine to proceed
> > even later today if it seems ready and noone specifically objects, so
> > it is out before people start to disappear for holidays. Other
> > versions numbers are still available if anyone needs to do another
> > release after.
> >
> > Robbie
> >
> > On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 at 16:03, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@xxxxxxxxx
> >
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Would be too bad if I cut this tomorrow? So we have time for a vote
> > before
> > > the Christmas week.  Or anyone would rather have it next year ?
> > >
> > > I had promised few weeks back but i was busy with a big chunk of work
> > > around performance on AMQP.
> > > --
> > > Clebert Suconic
> >
> --
> Clebert Suconic