Re: HEADS-UP ActiveMQ artemis 2.6.4 release

I agree that 2.7.0 can wait until January at this point because of the
holidays coming up for a lot of people however it is way past due in my
opinion.

In general I would like to see Artemis released much more frequently than
it currently is.  Artemis is very active with constant new features and bug
fixes so we should be releasing consistently to get things out there so
people can use them.  With as much stuff going into it every day we could
probably do something like a monthly release and have plenty to show for it.

I don't really see a reason to hold up a release for any new feature (bug
fixes are different of course) because there are already so many features
that are done that haven't been released.  For example, I added support for
changing the defaultConsumerWindowSize per address back in October and at
least 3 people have asked about that feature and I keep having to tell them
it's not out yet.

If AMQP large message support isn't quite ready then no big deal...you just
put it into 2.8.0 and release it relatively soon after.  There's no reason
a feature has to be tied to a specific version when you can always just
increase the version number by 1 (the exception being breaking changes
obviously and major things that would make more sense in a major version
number change)